4.11.2012

I've got the urge...

...to post.

I haven't posted in awhile and I've actually been wanting too. Like most normal people though, life gets in the way.
Actually, it's not in the way. Really, I suppose the urge to post is in the way of life. Sometimes I feel guilty when I don't post but it's pretty easy to get over that guilt, all I have to do is take my girls to the park to blow bubbles and climb like little monkeys and I forget all about it.

But when I put them to bed and it's just me sitting all alone at the computer there is no excuse for not writing how I'm feeling. It's like a nice release. Ahh, I feel so much better right now, just from writing that little bit.

So really what I wanted to write about is a future reminder to myself about gardening for next year's garden. Right now I have squash, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, radishes, lettuce, cilantro, beans, carrots, pumpkins and a few different types of flowers. I keep thinking of others I want to add to the garden. For some of them it's too late (mostly because we'll be moving and I want established plants before that) so I'll add them to the list for next year's garden (almost all of them are snacking favorites):

strawberries
peas
broccoli
kale
blueberries
lemons
oranges
mini sweet peppers
spinach
garlic
onions
heirloom tomatoes 

That's mostly all I can think of for now. So far the container garden I have right now is doing amazing. Even more amazing than it did when I had plants in the ground a few years ago. I was so excited to see cute little purple flowers on my green bean plants yesterday. I'll have to up container sizes in a few weeks I'm sure and add trellises to the climbing/vine plants but I've been finding cheap DIY ideas all over Pinterest for things like that. Ahh, excited!

In other news, I recemtly had issues with iPhoto and thought I might lose all my photos. Turns out I didn't lose them but I am having to go through each album and restoring them in iPhoto manually. I had over 40,000 photos in iPhoto so it is going to take some time for me to get photos back in posts. That is really what I should be doing right now, so I'm signing off!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!