2.12.2012

Pancake Sunday 2.12

 Chocolate Raspberry
Heart Pancakes

With Valentine's Day on the way I wanted to create special pancakes for my girls. So I whipped together a chocolate batter. I couldn't find one that used ingredients I have so I made up my own using wheat pastry flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, eggs and buttermilk.
I warmed some raspberry preserves on the stove, originally I wanted to use frozen raspberries but decided to just use the preserves because they taste good and I knew they'd warm nicely to make a yummy topping for the pancakes.
 I added about 1/4 cup of preserves to the pancake batter to add just a hint of raspberry to the chocolate.
The pancakes were huge, I could only cook two at a time on the griddle. I needed to make them big enough to cut out hearts with the cookie cutter.
Once they were done and the hearts were cut out, I topped them with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and drizzled them with the warmed raspberry preserves. The pancakes were delicious! You can't go wrong with the combination of raspberry and chocolate, especially for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!