2.19.2012

Pancake Sunday 2.19

Berries 'N' Cream
Pancakes

Once again, I'm using ingredients I have on hand to create a super yummy pancake. Today, berries 'n' cream. 
I started off with frozen mixed berries and a little bit of water and set it on the stove to simmer down. It broke down the berries into a yummy syrupy sauce. I didn't add any sugar to this, only berries and water.
While the berries were simmering I started on my batter. I used the fluffy buttermilk pancake recipe but did a few things differently. I added some of the liquid from the berries on the stove and I also separated the eggs and beat the whites, fold them in last to lighten up the batter.
The berry liquid gave the pancakes a nice purplish swirl. The pancakes were nice and light because of the egg whites, which was great. Especially since I was pairing these pancakes with heavy cream.
I beat heavy cream with a touch of powdered sugar to help cut down on the tartness of the berries, I also added the zest of one small lemon and a tiny bit of lemon extract. I meant to only thicken the cream but ended up over-beating it, I almost made butter! EEK! Luckily I caught it in time and all was well! These were super yummy!





1 comment:

  1. Yummy!


    Just thought I would let you know that I awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award over on my site.
    http://vickisvault.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!