2.05.2012

Pancake Sunday 2.5

Nutella Pancakes
with
Caramelized Bananas

Lately I've been trying to find recipes for pancakes using items I already have in the pantry. Luckily, this week I had the perfect combination of Nutella and bananas, I just needed to find the perfect recipe. I was a little skeptical about being able to find a good Nutella pancake recipe, the last one I made left me disappointed. After searching the internet for awhile, I found this one and it sounded super promising! Not to mention simple to make since there are not very many ingredients.
1/2 cup of Nutella is all you need!
Whisk eggs and Nutella together
They blend together perfectly
After adding oil and milk
Add liquid to dry ingredients

Stacks of pancakes, my favorite Sunday view!
Browning butter and sugar
Add bananas
These pancakes were a WIN! The Nutella pancake by itself, without the bananas was nice. Not too sweet because there isn't any added sugar and nice and fluffy. There was a really nice Nutella flavor. Adding the bananas on top was amazing! I did change the recipe a bit. The recipe called for 1 cup of sugar and I only added 1/2 cup and the recipe called for 1/4 cup of syrup and I didn't add any syrup. A little water would have been nice to break up the caramelized sugar a bit and make it more saucy instead of a thick compote but it did the job anyway.  They were really delicious and the girls and I had seconds! I definitely recommend giving these pancakes a try!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!