10.23.2011

Pancake Sunday 10.23

Peach Pecan Pancakes

Today was a peach pancake day. They were alright, not my favorite. I'm not a huge fan of peaches but they sounded good so I decided to give them a try. I made a batter with whole wheat pastry flour
and flavored them with peach yogurt. The yogurt didn't add as much peach flavor as I was expecting and gave them a sticky texture. Next time (if there is a next time) I would flavor them with peach puree or juice and chunks of peach.
I added the milk after I added the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients so that I could control the consistency of the batter, it was about the consistency of yogurt.
These are the bubbles you need to look for to know whether it's time to flip the pancakes or not, notice how dry the edges look.
 The syrup for these pancakes had peaches and pecans mixed in and was then warmed on the oven.
It cooked for about 45 minutes, the peaches were nice and soft. I also set out fresh cut peaches and pecans for those that didn't want the warmed syrup.

 Mmmmmm, don't these look yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!