10.10.2010

Changes

So now for a personal touch to this blog. I never really blog about what's going on in my life, just mostly the things that relate to the kids. This actually relates to the kids and both Travis and myself. The Friday before Lexi's Luau, Travis lost his job. There was really no time to think about it seeing as we had to put our chins up and celebrate our daughter's first birthday on Saturday. Sunday we decided to just finish of the weekend right and went to the Neptune Festival.
Monday started the crazy whirlwind of trying to figure out what we were going to do. We already had a list of possible options in our heads because this is not the first time Travis has been without a job, most people do not know that pretty much through my entire pregnancy with Alexis, Travis was unemployed starting from April 2009 until January 2010. Sure he had a few jobs now and then but nothing that would pay the mortgage let alone feed us. It was especially worrying because I didn't want him to take any out of town jobs considering I was pregnant at the time and didn't want to risk him missing anything. We made ends meet, with a lot of help from some wonderful people, and luckily Travis got his job back and that was it, we caught up with everything and continued about our lives.
This time when we got the news we obviously were worried but knew what we had to do and that we can't sit around waiting forever for a specific job to open up we have to jump on an opportunity as soon as it happens which is what we did. Travis was running around that first week trying to get leads to jobs and making himself available. The start of the second week he found out that there was a job opening up down in Whitsett, NC which is near Greensboro (about 4.5 hours away from us), so he applied on Wednesday, by Friday he knew he was leaving on Sunday so he could be there by Monday to start. So this whole thing is just a bit of chaos and craziness that we are all going to have to adjust to.
We aren't sure how long the job will be (I've heard rumors of 18-24 months) we aren't sure how often we are going to see each other, I guess we just aren't sure of anything at the moment! I guess the main point of this post is to let everyone know that I may not be posting as often as I usually do and that's pretty much it. I actually don't think I'll have as hard a time adjusting to this life since we've been apart before (once when Char was from 3-7 months old and once right after Lexi was born) I suppose I'm more worried about the kids but my plan is to just keep busy busy and this will go by quickly and easily.
And who knows, if everything goes well down there and they want Travis to stick around we might just be calling Greensboro home one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!