11.23.2010

ENT Follow Up

It's not cancer! Yippee Skippy!

Turns out it's a Branchial Cleft Cyst. Whatever that means.

From what I keep reading it's actually a birth defect, one that didn't affect me until 25 years later.
I guess it's one of those things that requires certain factors to trigger its growth, and those factors just happen to be a complete mystery.

I'm not quite sure if it's dangerous or anything, I've read a few things that say if it's left too long it can abscess (which I don't think I'd enjoy much) and get infected, blah blah blah.

So surgery is scheduled for January 2011 to remove it and possibly a tonsil as well (yes, just one). I get faint just thinking about it. I cannot even fathom having surgery. I really would rather NOT have surgery but I suppose that's the only option I have right about now and I have to get over it.

So I guess my mission now is to figure out how to get Alexis to sleep without nursing because I will be staying in the hospital overnight, at least I have 2 months! Wish me luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!