11.25.2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a big deal in our family. 
I mean...BIG!
We have a huge family and it's only my husband's dad's side of the family at that!
I could just imagine adding his mom's side and both my sides...OMG!
I think we figured it was 26 people this year and we were missing 2 and we just keep growing and growing!!!

This year I made the sweet potatoes (that seems to be what I've taken over) even though nobody ate them because they didn't end up getting passed around the table, I also made 2 desserts which I usually always do since I've been coming to this crazy annual feast (7 years I think...)
The salted caramel banana pudding pie was a major hit, it was absolutely fabulous, so much so there wasn't any to bring home. Find the recipe here.
The maple pecan pumpkin cheesecake with the maple pecan glaze was also delicious, only brought a little bit home. 
I didn't think to take pictures of them before and I'm kicking myself now, argh.

This is the first year Charlotte really got into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, it was so darn cute! She was doing all the dance moves along with the Rockettes and singing with all the shows and pointing out the balloons and so excited to see Santa at the end, just sooooo darn cute! Surprisingly enough both the girls took naps before heading over to the festivities and awoke bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to go mingle with family!
We arrived, ate, drank and were super merry!

At the end when everyone is leaving we always end up saying to ourselves, we need to do this more often...



...and I really wish we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!