9.20.2011

Girls' Pick

amazon.com
Lexi's pick was Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss. Both girls loved this book. It's soo much fun to listen to them try to recreate the sounds that Mr. Brown can do. It's a fantastic book to encourage involvement in reading.
amazon.com
Char's pick was SPIDER-MAN! She finally was able to check-out a Spider-Man book from the library. Every time we've gone before it's been checked out. While I was picking out our books for the upcoming week Charlotte told me she was going to ask if they had any Spider-Man books and she left. She walked right up to the information desk, said, "Excuse me, do you have any Spider-Man books?" and then followed the librarian to where the books would be located. I am loving how independent she is becoming. This isn't the first time she's ever asked a librarian for a book she wanted but she did it with confidence that she's never had before. It makes me so proud to see her growing up before my eyes into a proud confident girl that knows what she wants and knows how to get it. We haven't finished reading the book yet, but we haven't been disappointed with it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!