9.07.2011

Lamingtons


Since we're visiting Australia this week we decided to try some Australian treats.
We made lamingtons which are sponge cake cubes covered in chocolate icing and rolled in coconut.
They are so good.
I found the recipe here on allrecipes.com
Greasing the baking pan

Creaming the butter, sugar and vanilla.
Charlotte said, "Mmmm, it smells so good Mommy!"
I hesitated with letting Char crack the eggs but had to remember that practice makes perfect. I'm so glad I let her do it, she was so proud of herself.








The recipe called for unsweetened coconut but all we could find was sweetened


We left some sponge cake plain, some just with chocolate and some the traditional way with coconut.
These were fantastically delicious little cakes! I think I like Australia! 
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!