11.15.2011

30 Day Challenge: Playing With Junk

Check out this post to read all about the 30 Day to Hands on Play Challenge.

Day 15:
Did you read my post about Day 14's Challenge? It was to act out a story (we did shadow puppets) we had so much fun that I promised the girls we'd make a shadow puppet theater. I had no idea that Day 15 would be playing with junk! It's a two for one! The idea for the shadow puppet theater came from a fabulous blog called Red Ted Art, if you haven't taken the time to check out Red Ted Art, you are seriously missing out!

The main component of the theater is a cereal box, luckily we had just finished a box of cereal that morning!

 While the glue on the cereal box was drying I brought out all the "junk" so we could start making the puppets.
 We decided we would make puppets for two stories
The Billy Goats Gruff
and
and underwater theme
 The girls had a blast telling stories with it

 Daddy even got in on the story telling
(not his strong suit)
and was able to relax and enjoy it
more so than reading out of a book

What have you made out of junk? 
Are you following along with the challenge? It's not too late!



1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! You're so creative! I can never think of fun things to do with random household items.

    I'm a new follower from the hop! It's nice to meet you! I write a humor blog about all things motherhood, and I hope you can drop by sometime! It's great for laughs, and sometimes even a snort or two! Hope you can stop by.

    Have a great weekend!
    Smiles, Jenn @Misadventures in Motherhood

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!