7.29.2011

There's...

...a jiggle in my wiggle.

I've finally decided the time has come to do something about it. I'm pretty darn lazy and I don't like doing more than I have to to get the results that I desire, so I've decided to start...running.

blech.

I hate running, but I hate the way I feel in my body (after having 2 kids and gaining and losing over 100lbs combined) more. Running is a fast and easy exercise that will tackle all the things I'm looking for in my "getting healthy" journey.
My husband asked me what my weight loss goal was and I had to tell him, it's not about losing weight. I don't need or want to lose weight, I just want to burn the fat that's hanging around in the places I don't want it hanging around, and gain stamina. I just want to feel healthy.

So, there you have it. 

It's gonna be hard but I think baby steps is the key. My first goal is to be able to run a mile loop near us without stopping. Small goal but it's achievable with just the right amount of difficulty with the changes in elevation.

Look at me ready for my first run...I did NOT look like this afterwards
If any of my followers or lurkers have Nike+ I have an account too, we can follow each other! Woot!
I'm also on a lookout for a widget to share my miles ran with you all but it's proving to be a difficult thing to find. I will find a way to update you and share my miles with or without a widget!

4 comments:

  1. Kudos to you! I hate running. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use enronmundo on my droid. They have a website, maybe with a widget? Not sure. Any who, I've been doing the running thing also. It sucks. Remember I played softball, so running was punishment not conditioning! I did however run an 8K in June and I'm running the Wicked 10k in October, complete with goofy-yet-to-be determined costume! I've found that I don't have enough drive to get out there and run unless I have a race deadline to meet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Danielle I hate running too, but I've come to the realization that I have to start working to maintain my body now. It sucks getting old!

    Amber, I'll have to check that site out! I don't really have a choice on when I get to run now since I told Travis. I promised him I'd run a little bit each day and since he is one of those clinically insane people that loves to run he's gonna pester me until I get outside and run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you know my thoughts on running, ugh! Good luck to you, I'll stick to getting on the Wii fit when I have time and doing step arobics. Glad to hear that you know you don't need to loose weight and are doing it so you feel good, not for other reasons!I know you can do what you put your mind to with this

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!