8.24.2011

Blended Banana Split

I heard a rumor that if you freeze bananas you can blend them into a fluffy ice cream like treat.
So, I froze some bananas. 
Here's a tip: take the bananas out of their peels before you freeze them, and to make things even easier for your blender, chop them into little pieces.

The peels turned a dark golden color

I started blending one banana at a time in the Magic Bullet but it proved to be too hard. I have the cordless Magic Bullet and it doesn't seem to have as much juice as one that plugs in, so in order to help it out a bit, I added some strawberry yogurt.


The strawberry yogurt and frozen banana tasted delicious blended together and I probably could have stopped at this step and the kids would have been happy.
Freeze the yogurt first if you want ice cream consistency
 I took it a step further and added some sliced strawberries! I added a sprinkle of sugar to help draw out the juices a bit.

As soon as I added the strawberry yogurt I knew I was pretty much making a banana split, so I added some chocolate syrup

 and then topped it off with whipped cream!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I’m following your blog. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

    April
    A Mommy’s Blog Design Studio
    Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!
    Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
    If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls would love this! Love that it is healthy and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!