8.23.2011

Girls' Pick


We had a fantastic trip to the library, especially since we haven't been in a few weeks due to illness and house guests. I'm still waiting to get past the library's one month waiting period for my card, right now I'm limited to only 5 books.
 ONLY 5!!!!!!!!!!
I have a really long list of books that I'm waiting to check out from the library and I'm counting down the days until I can go crazy! Anywho, here are tonight's picks...

amazon.com
Char's Pick: Dr. Seuss's Bartholomew and the Oobleck. We own at least 15 or more Dr. Seuss books but I still always find one we haven't read at the library. That guy was a book writing machine! This one was a little long and drawn out. It's about a king who want's to have something that nobody else has, so he wishes for something new to fall from the sky, he gets Oobleck. This book has a "careful what you wish for" moral that I think would be great for elementary aged children, my girls didn't quite understand.
amazon.com
Lexi's Pick: Polo: The Runaway Book by Regis Faller. This book was a surprise because it's a book with no words! I love books that can tell stories with just pictures. Another awesome thing about this book is that it is part of a series! Polo (the little dog guy) is in a few different books, having tons of fun picture adventures. This was a great book, the pictures were fun to look at and the girls couldn't wait to turn the page to see where Polo ended up next. The story is that Polo gets a book as a present, then the little yellow dot guy (up there ^) takes the book and Polo goes after him to get it back. He has an awesome journey filled with new places and new friends. I will definitely be looking for other Polo books the next time we go to the library! I hope you get a chance to "read" this book with your kids!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why they have a waiting list for a card. Only 5 books...I know you're going crazy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure am going crazy! I guess the first card you get is a temporary card that expires after 1 month so I have to renew it and then can check out oodles of books! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!