9.22.2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent

We made our own laundry detergent! So far I love it! Simple to make, makes a lot for a small price and seems to get my clothes cleaner than commercial detergent. The first load I washed with it was a load of cloth diaper inserts, when they came out they were soft like when I first bought them and I swear they were whiter. Here's the recipe I used but I think we'll also go through this list and try some others.

Here are the only ingredients: soap, borax, washing soda and water (not pictured)
The washing soda was the hardest to find but we finally found it at our local Ace Hardware store.

Dissolving the soap in the heated water, not as quick as it would seem, once the water starts getting super soapy it takes longer to get the last pieces dissolved.

The day after is was a firm gel but a quick stir broke it up and it's super easy to use! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!