9.10.2010

Step 4...


So some of my regular readers should know that I've been recently taking some steps to live healthier by home making stuff (see this post). I had already taken about 3 steps and wasn't quite sure what would be step 4, well I think I figured it out. I recently read a blog about making homemade laundry detergent. I've seen it before on a
special about the Duggars (you know the people with a million J-named kids) and thought it was neat but never looked into it. Now after reading that blog and reading how easy it is to make, I think that is going to be step 4! I think also it will help out around here with sensitive skin issues. Those of you that have known me since Char was a baby know that we went through a crazy bout of eczema (mostly on her face) that appeared when she was around 3-4 months old. Even now I am still in disbelief as to how bad it was. Sometimes I can't even look at the pictures, it was really heartbreaking to go through. Luckily, Char has seem
ed to grow out of the worst of it, she still gets signs of an outbreak on occasion but nothing like she used to get.


(Charlotte at about 14 months)
Her poor little face used to be red 24/7.

When Lexi was about 3-4 months old I watched her face like a hawk! Always checking her sweet baby cheeks for any signs of eczema, she has been free and clear up until recently.

I've been finding patches on the backs of her legs and on top of her feet and I know that it's eczema (ahhhhhhh). I guess there isn't much we can do about it but treat it and see what happens, but every little bit helps and that's why we are going to try making our own detergent. Here's hoping it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!