12.11.2010

Advent Calendar: Day 11

Before I even start day 11, I have to tell you all that my Dad has been lurking on my blog and saw this post about my old childhood Advent Calendar. So he decided to come all the way down to Hampton Roads to pass down the Advent Calendar to my family. How sweet is he? We won't start using it until next year and I can't wait until we do!


Here we are, day 11!! We're making marshmallows and from what I hear it's super easy! I used this recipe by Tyler Florence who I happen to think is a cute-cutie and I have one of his cookbooks (which has the recipe) so I thought we'd give it a whirl, it is hot cocoa season after all! We made them right before the girls went to bed so that they would be able to set up overnight.

Lexi got to take the stick out today because Charlotte decided she didn't want to





Usually gelatin is meant to be sprinkled evenly over the top of water but Charlotte decided to just dump it all in


This is basically homemade marshmallow fluff


Homemade marshmallows=super easy to make, the hardest part is waiting for the sugar/gelatin/water mixture to cool to room temperature. Can't wait to try them and I so want to try these Martha Stewart candy-cane marshmallows but I didn't have any peppermint extract, poo.

Just as an afterthought, I have a huge pet peeve about people spelling marshmallows with an 'e', it's marsh mallow NOT mellow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!