12.05.2010

Happy Birthday To Me AND A Pancake Love Affair

Hey, hey it's my birthday! Woooooooo me!

It's Sunday which means pancakes for breakfast (every Sunday!) so, I thought for my birthday I'd try something a little different, banana pancakes. I always get super yummy delicious banana pancakes for the girls when we go out to eat at a little joint at the Oceanfront called Doc Taylor's and figured since they can do it, I can do it! The result was perfection, pure pancake bliss. I was in love with my breakfast! To make things even better, I had whipping cream left over from Thanksgiving so I gave the task of making butter to Lexi who was sitting in her high chair watching me.

Perfect pancakes.
Homemade butter.
Yummy coffee.
What could be better...
(I suppose if my husband was home for my birthday that would have topped it all...)





I wish I was a writer then I would write a glorious ode to my pancake breakfast and the coffee that gets me through every. single. day. 
But quite frankly I despise poetry and really English for that matter, most boring class in school (besides History) and I'm surprised I survived either of them!
I think I shall write them letters:

Dear Banana Pancake Breakfast,
You came together so effortlessly and tasted so delicious. I will never forget how you turned the perfect shade of golden brown and became just crispy enough to not be soggy when drenched with syrup. You filled me up for the first half of the day and I wasn't even hungry for lunch! I can't wait to meet you again someday soon.
Love Aleacia
PS. The kids really enjoyed you too but who cares about them....I'm talking about US

Dear Coffee (specifically Starbucks Espresso Roast),
I enjoy you every single day, multiple times a day. If I didn't have you I would probably collapse and not be able to move. People are always asking me where my energy comes from, it's because I have you coursing through my veins and instead of a brain I have a boom box playing Electronica. We've come such a long way from our first encounters after church on Sundays when I was a girl to receiving my first coffee maker to avoiding each other completely when I was pregnant. I'm sorry about those days but I've come back full force! You will always have a special place in my heart, especially you Espresso Roast. I searched a long time for you and finally found the perfect roast of coffee that I don't need to add crazy amounts of milk and sugar to, I like you just the way you are. I'll see you when I finish writing this letter 
Love Aleacia
PS. The kids don't like you at all, in fact, you make Charlotte vomit which is alright with me because you're mine, ALL MINE!




BTW, my Mom got me a sewing machine for my birthday and I can't wait to start making super awesome creations and posting them. If you sew and have a favorite sewing blog let me know, I'd love to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!