12.01.2011

Activity Calendar {Day 1}

Today was an amazing start to our Activity Calendar. Charlotte did the honors and cut off the first link, which was to put up the Christmas Tree. 
Charlotte about had a heart attack when I told her what we were going to do. Alexis didn't realize what was going on until Travis got out the box with the tree in it. Then she kept repeating "Christmas Tree! Christmas Tree!" over and over again, it was really cute and annoying all at the same time.
The stickers and jokes (print them from here) for the tree I placed in the pockets of my old family advent calendar. Today's joke was:

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Mary.
Mary who?
Mary Christmas!

Charlotte thought it was absolutely hilarious and kept saying it to everyone she saw. They picked one piece of the puzzle out today as well, any guesses as to what it might be?

Lexi loved decorating for Christmas!
Charlotte hiding in the Christmas Tree box 
The girls did such a great job decorating the tree! Last year Charlotte placed them all in one spot, this year she dispersed them and even got a stool so she could reach the higher parts of the tree. I really didn't do any of it, except the garland.

Lexi did a great job, too!
Later while the girls were getting on pjs and brushing their teeth they heard a little jingle, jingle coming from the living room. They were so surprised to see that our family elf had flew in to stay for awhile!
Meet our elf, "Elf"
Elf even brought a book with him! The very first of 24 books that will appear wrapped under the tree each night to unwrap and read before bed (read all about this idea here)

I love our tree, I love our family, I love how Day 1 of our Activity Calendar turned out. It makes me excited about how fantastic the rest of the days are going to be! I hope you'll join us for all 25 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, thank you for stopping by!