Today for day 5 we went to the library to pick out the rest of our holiday books to wrap and place under the tree.
The puzzle piece for today, I wonder what it is!
What do you call a snowman in the summer?
LOL, kinda morbid, but Charlotte got a laugh out of it. Doing the jokes each day is really fun for me too because it helps me gauge what she understands. Then I can help her to understand them if she doesn't!
So here's what we've been doing every night with the books.
Every night when the girls go to their room to get PJs on and go to brush their teeth, either Travis and I will jingle the elf a bit, hide him (in our room) and leave a book under the tree for the girls from the elf. It has really taken off and the girls love coming out into the living room to see what book has been left for them from "Elf" Sometimes we wrap them, sometimes we don't. The girls don't seem to mind either way, but the wrapping is fun for them to rip off every once in a while.
Here is the list of holiday books the girls will get one by one (and some extras to read whenever):
- Hanna's Cold Winter ~ Trish Marx
- A Mountain of Mittens ~ Lynn Plourde
- Robert's Snow ~ Grace Lin
- The Shortest Day ~ Wendy Pfeffer
- Snow ~ Uri Shulevitz
- Snowy, Blowy, Winter ~ Bob Raczka
- The Mitten ~ Jan Brett
- The Elf on the Shelf ~ Carol V. Aebersold
- The Wild Christmas Reindeer ~ Jan Brett
- Snowmen at Christmas ~ Caralyn Buehner
- The Snow Must Go On ~ Molly Wigand
- Merry Christmas, Curious George! ~ Margret and H. A. Rey
- The Mouse Before Christmas ~ Michael Garland
- Best Christmas Book Ever! ~ Richard Scarry
- Snow What Fun! ~ Cheryl Hawkinson
- The Hat ~ Jan Brett
- You Can Do It, Sam ~ Amy Hest
- Winter Waits ~ Lynn Plourde
- Footprints in the Snow ~ Mei Matsuoka
- Polar Bear Night ~ Lauren Thompson
- My First Kwanzaa ~ Karen Katz
- It's a Miracle! ~ Stephanie Spinner
- Merry Christmas Everywhere! ~ Arlene Erlbach
- The After-Christmas Tree ~ Linda Wagner Tyler
- Lyle at Christmas ~ Bernard Waber
- Mim's Christmas Jam ~ Andrea Davis Pinkney
- The Family Christmas Tree Book ~ Tomie De Paola
- Coming Through the Blizzard ~ Eileen Spinelli
- The Christmas Ship ~ Dean Morrissey
- The Worst Person's Christmas ~ James Stevenson
- A Merry Little Christmas ~ Mary Engelbreit
- Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect ~ Richard H. Schneider
- Celebrate Christmas ~ Deborah Heiligman